Potwells Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Data protection law allows us to use your personal data provided we have acceptable reasons for doing so. The law sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- Consent - In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive marketing e-mails or notifications.
- Contractual obligations - In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order from us we’ll collect your address details to deliver the order and pass them to our courier.
- Legal compliance - If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest – This is where we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. Your data may be used to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers and important information. We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand and or source new products or brands.
We will collect information:
- When you place an order.
- When you create an application and submit a profile for an account with us
- When you use our website
- When you fill in any online forms with us e.g. account application, contact us form, competitions
- When you make an online purchase and check out
- When you contact us by any means with enquiries, queries, order, feedback etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product, brand, service or order
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
- From suppliers or similar industry participants that introduce you to us
- From publicly available sources such as Companies House, Google maps or where the information is made public as a matter of law (to verify trade)
- When you engage with us on social media
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails.
- Log in to your account, visit the ‘My Account’ area and click on the e-mail preference link to update the ‘marketing e-mails’ by selecting or deselecting the relevant options for each type of e-mail.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after.
- When payment details are collected verbally the conversation is not recorded. When payment is taken via the website the payment details are not stored. All transactions are processed using Stripe, a secure 3rd party payment provider https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Potwells Ltd use the following 3rd party platforms to store customer information which will never include payment or bank account details:
Bright Pearl https://www.brightpearl.com/privacy-policy
Google Apps https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Google Analytics Tracking
The websites use Google Analytics Advertising features, specifically Demographics and Interests reporting.
These features are enabled in order to enable us to collect demographic and interest data in our analytics reports, isolating data by age, gender, and interest.
This data is collected for the sole use of Potwells Limited, for the purpose of monitoring and improving our on-line experience. All data collected is non-personally identifiable.
We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless we have robust notice of, and the user's prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger.
Should you wish to opt out of Google Analytics Tracking
- Download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Disable 3rd party cookies, usually found in your browser’s setting.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Potwells Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.